Better, Faster, Stronger.
The Chapters board and Committees have been pulling together the past few months working on finalizing the chapters Balanced Score Card (BSC). The BSC will be utilized as a tool to identify and measures the Chapter’s targets for the year. We have a great team of Chapter volunteers who are working to implement the BSC to promote continuous improvement and achieve the “best in class professional organization in the Triangle and State”. The Chapter’s high level of participation and commitment from our Professional and Associate members is what makes our chapter unique, sets us apart from other professional organizations, and is the key to our success. The people who volunteer their time and get involved with the chapter are what makes us unique and great-That’s YOU!
Will we have another great year? There is no question in my mind that together we can and will!
- The Chapter Appreciation event date is now confirmed-November 7th! There will be a new venue this year-in Durham! Mark your calendars!
- At the September Chapter Meeting, a new video celebrating the Facility Manger will be launched. Subscribe to the Chapter’s YouTube Channel to stay current on all futuret video updates.
- As we focus on supporting and providing opportunities for the Chapters Professional members, the Professional Development committee is working on continuing education (CE) programs for the upcoming year. Programs will include professional speaker’s addressing a wide range of topics relevant to the facilities business and changing sociaecomic conditions.
We also have some special professional and personal events happening in the chapter:
- Congratulations to Randal Goller and Carol Carter on being awarded scholarships to World Workplace in Philadelphia! This is one of the many ways the chapter continues to support and promote its members. If you are interested in the next global IFMA event – Facility Fusion in Washington DC, let me know.
- Congratulations to the newlyweds Jeff and Roz Tyburski!
- Congratulations to the newly engaged Mindy Reed!
In our effort to drive open communication and build the Greater Triangle Chapter of IFMA community, I have kicked off a Quarterly Open virtual WebEx, a one hour session, to be held once a quarter on a Friday (dates will be announced). This is open to all Chapter Members, and an opportunity to call in for a quick Chapter update from me, ask questions, suggest ideas and get involved. The first session is scheduled for Friday September 13th at 9 AM. I look forward to your participation. Have virtual coffee with the Chapter Board and members for an open forum discussion. Click here to put it on your calendar!
See you all at the upcoming monthly meeting on September 11th at the PNC! Not registered? What are you waiting for-click here, learn more and register!
Neville M. Devlaliwalla
Greater Triangle Chapter of IFMA